Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Sunshine ...


This sweet purr is my other cat, Summerset.

She joined the family around early March, 06. Twix was about 2 then, and was not too pleased about the new comer. Summer & Twix got along okay, but you could tell Twix would be much happier being the only one. -Which was a shame, because Summer was meant to be her little companion. They would have their moments of sweetness, though. Sometimes I would catch the two of them sleeping together on my bed, or Summerset grooming Twix --Or vice versa.

Summerset will be 3yrs this year. Gosh, I can hardly believe it! I remember when she was just a tiny little ball of grey fluff!

When Twix went missing, Summerset became very affectionate & close to me. Sleeping at night without Twix on my bed was very hard, -Still is. Summer must have knew that, because since then, she will jump up and either sleep where Twix use to, or lay on me for a few minutes. I think Summer knows I have been having a hard time without Twix. I am very grateful to this sweet purr for helping me through things. Though she doesn't fill in that empty space I have in my heart where Twix has left; She truly is a ray of sunshine in my life.






No comments: