Monday, March 7, 2011

Planting Forget-Me-Nots




Credit: Shutterstock
Earlier this Evening I planted some Forget-Me-Not seeds. I haven't grown anything in such a long time, so I'm really hoping I'm successful with these .......The memory of a 7yr old girl (Me) drowning her little seeds just came to memory as I typed that...

I picked this particular flower as a way of remembering those I'm missing - My cat Twix and friends I've lost over the last few years. Each flower that will bloom will hold a special meaning.

I took a photo of it below and will take more as my little flower grows. I can't wait to see them all in full bloom!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Mom of Edgar, Salem and Lucy said...

I hope you get beautiful flowers sweetie! :~)

Rebecca said...

I'm hoping so, too. If I'm successful with these, I'll buy more seeds!

Christine said...

I love forget-me-nots! What a lovely way to pay tribute to friends you miss and your beloved Twix.

Six years ago I lost my sweet tabby Molly. She had a beautiful spirit and stunning green eyes. She was such a good friend to me. I still miss her, and will never forget her.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)

Karen said...

After my father passed away I planted dozens of yellow tulip bulbs in my parents yard (his favorite flower) as a way of helping my mom remember him. Every year they came back strong. I think what you're doing is a lovely gesture.