Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Remembering a Loved One on Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Every year during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I always think of my Grandmother. When I was a little girl, My Mother gave me these little things her Mum use to own. Yesterday, I thought I would look through them and take a photo. Like last year (Click Here), I wanted to dedicate a entry in my Grandmother's Memory.

I never got to meet her due to the fact that she lived in Britain, and of course, we lived here in the states. - My Mother had moved here after Her & Dad married.

Growing up, I always dreamt of visiting the places my Mother lived in and meeting my Grandparents. Being young, I took for granted that those things would one day happen. Sadly, meeting my Grandmother is something I can't look forward to now ...She died 6yrs ago from Breast Cancer.

Even though I never got the chance to meet her, I know she loved me dearly. I had received little letters, cards, and a postcard from her as I grew up. The last thing she sent me was this beautiful glass doll. I still remember the day I went to the post office with my Mother to get it. I think I was around 7 or 8yrs old then.

I so dearly wish I could have known her. I hope where ever she is, she knows she lives on in my heart.

Ladies, when you get the chance, please click on the link below. And don't forget to take care of yourself with yearly Mammogram checks. Too many lives have already been taken from Breast Cancer.

The Breast Cancer Site


No comments: