Sunday, October 31, 2010

Remembering ..



Today I've been remembering a friend who left us one year ago today. Her beautiful cat, Cushag, joined her as well. When ever I think of one missed friend, I can't help but to think of the others -Which has been quite a few over the years. I think of them and the ways they touched our lives; Each one leaving a special mark on our heart. I truly do believe that's how our spirits live on.

About two weeks ago, I watched a documentary on Netflix about the atomic bombing in Hiroshima during the final stages of World War II in 1945. Like with all wars, thousands of lives were lost in the devastation left by the bomb. At the end of the documentary, it showed how the Japanese people remember their lost loved ones each year by holding a ceremony. Floating candles/lanterns are placed in the ocean; each one signifying a spirit.

Today, as I thought of my friend, my thoughts went back to the scenes I saw of the floating lanterns lighting up the evening/night sky. I thought of how beautiful they looked; wishing I could somehow do the same for the lives that became apart of mine and sadly left.

No matter what, they will always be a piece of me...





“Make of yourself a light.”
— The Buddha

Photobucket

No comments: