Friday, October 12, 2012

Kitty Tails

Photobucket

I didn't get to go to the adoption center yesterday. I haven't been feeling well lately and had to call in sick.

To keep up with my weekly "Kitty Tails" post, I'm going to share a story about Zella and the special friendship she made.


Zella
A few weeks ago an elderly woman (had to be in her mid-late 60s) came in and said she wanted to adopt Zella for her 90yr old Father. He had seen Zella a few days before and fell in love with her. After that, the woman said Father had watched a television program about how cats/animals and people sometimes find each other when they're both in need. The man said he felt a strong connection with Zella and needed her. Zella needed him, too. She got adopted that day!

It just goes to show, you're never too old to be a cat lover! It brought me so much happiness seeing Zella get adopted and knowing how happy that old man would be. It's a memory that touched my heart and will forever stay with me. This is part of the reason why I love volunteering so much.

Zella - On the day she got adopted

Since my last "Kitty Tails" post, our beautiful sisters, Josie and Zira, Dharma and our sweet boy Ziggy all got adopted! 

Link -- Petsmart Adoption Center - Kitties for Adoption
Photobucket

No comments: